Your Tri-City Heating and Cooling Specialists
"Winter is Coming"
At Climate Bros. we are here to help you throughout the hot and cold seasons of the year. Now that summer has come to an end, this is a perfect time to refresh yourself on the terminology involved with your heating system(s).
This is a device, usually located in a common area of the house, away from windows and doors. Thermostats are what you use to set the indoor temperature of your home. Programmable thermostats can be greatly beneficial in helping you save MONEY on energy when the house is vacant or when everyone is sleeping.
Energy efficiency is when you obtain the most heat, for the lowest consumption of energy (gas and electricity). The energy rating for heating is based on how much energy is consumed vs how much heat is produced. The higher the energy rating, the more bang for your buck! For instance, a 96% unit, would use nearly all its energy input for heat. (for every dollar spent on gas, 96 cents goes into heating your home)
With technology advances growing at a steady rate, there are many options of heating our homes, such as energy-efficient furnaces, heat pumps, air handlers, fireplaces, and boilers. To find which method best suits your home, click on this button to make an appointment.
This may be the most important part of any forced-air heating system. Air filters need to be checked, and or replaced frequently throughout the year (3 months on average). An air filter prevents dust and debris from causing issues with your heating equipment and improves the quality of air circulating through your home as well as the lifespan of your equipment.
As the weather becomes cooler, the air becomes drier. When you are heating your home the moisture inside your house is being forced out by the heat. This unfortunately is the perfect breeding ground for the common flu. By simply adding a humidifier to your heating system, you will be able to reduce the causes of the common flu and dry skin. Moisture in the air also retains heat for longer periods of time meaning your HVAC equipment will need to work less, saving you money and prolonging the life of your system.
Preventative maintenance is performed by a highly skilled and qualified technician to help prevent the likelihood of a break down on your heating or cooling equipment. By regularly servicing your equipment, you can save yourself from costly repairs, high energy bills, and from being left without heat during the frigid winter season. Let Climate Bros give you peace of mind by booking a Preventative Maintenance appointment today.
It's as easy as 1, 2, 3 to
schedule a service.
Products & Services
- We install a wide range of Top Notch Brands and can provide you with the long-lasting comfort you deserve.
- Our dedicated, hardworking, skillful team is fully licensed & insured to give you peace of mind.
- A locally owned business that provides honest and fair rates for quality work.
- Workmanship you can rely on.
- Cutting edge manufacturer certification on all lines of products. Climate Bros is well equipped to exceed all your heating and cooling needs on all equipment regardless of age or type.
Tank-less Water Heater
Ductless Split Systems
When you need the pros, call the bros.
We proudly service
Cambridge, Kitchener, Guelph, and Surrounding Areas
All Methods of Payment Accepted
361 Scott Road, Cambridge On N3C 4A5
"Here's some food for thought"
- Canada is now introducing a Carbon Tax that will impact your finances and the way you use carbon products.
- Carbon also referred to CO2 & CO, is a product of combustion, typically produced when the heat is made with natural gas, propane, gasoline, diesel & oil.
- The fact is older styles of heating equipment were not designed with energy consumption or energy efficiency in mind. these pieces of equipment consume a large amount of electricity and gas in comparison to today's energy efficiency standards.
- Many times, replacement of an older unit will show its benefits through reduced operating costs
With it now being mandatory to pay the carbon tax nationwide, there is a high demand in energy-efficient home comfort products that are capable of keeping the production of CO2 pollution low and the consumption of gas and electricity to a minimum.
Further efforts to protect our environment are directly pointed at older style air conditioners(R22 systems), that, when there is a leak, destroy our ozone layer. Due to this, they are being phased out. View Montreal Protocol R22 R22 is in its last year of production and, and repairs to older units are becoming harder and more expensive to perform.
These older systems do not have the efficiency rating of newer, energy star rated equipment which uses approximately half the power on average in comparison while posing no risk to the environment. chances are if your air conditioner is 12 years or older, you probably have an R22 system that is consuming double the power that a new unit would while posing a significant environmental risk.
***install, Maintenance, emergency service on all Climate Bros products, scheduled service on all other products